Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's been awhile

Right, so it's been awhile since I've posted. I know all of you (all two of you) have been waiting for the next update. It's been very busy. With the baby on the way, and getting back into school, there hasn't been a lot of time.

My wife and I have finally finished the nursery. I love it! It's well done without being overly cute. It's not all pink and frills. It has dragons! Don't worry though. They aren't scary dragons. They are cute baby dragons doing cute baby things. It somehow has made it even more real. I'm sure that every step of the way it's going to get "more real".

In addition, I've been trying to step up my fighting again. I was at two fight practices last weekend. Last night I travelled "out of Kingdom" to another group's local practice. I faced several knights and found out that I'm not terrible at this game. I'm not where I need to be, but that's part of the point. Anyone who claims that they have nothing left to learn is lying or they have stagnated. I didn't win every bout, but I had some good shots and I was able to surprise a few people. This was a good thing. Lately, I've been feeling a little down about my fighting. There's several reasons for this (aren't there always), but I had thought about taking a break from fighting for awhile. The problem is, that once you take a break, you usually have a heck of a time getting back into it once you've left. I was feeling like I wasn't getting any better. Last night helped me tremendously. I'm sore today. There are some interesting bruises, but I feel good about what I was able to accomplish.

There's an event this weekend. I really want to go, but mundane issues take precedence. It seems that my wife and I need to attend a birthing class sometime before the baby comes (which is in 2 and a half weeks, yikes!). The only available class is this weekend which means no event for me. I'll still be able to do practice on Sunday, but I can't enter the tournament on Saturday. It's okay though. There will be other tourneys on other days. This is my first daughter. She is more important than this "game I play on the weekends".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home